Art and Liz Basler founded Montessori Academy in 1971.
Ages 3-14 years old (Preschool through 8th Grade)
Montessori Academy Staff
Visit the Our Staff Page for a List of our Administrators and Teachers
Average Teacher to Student Ratio
Most classes have one lead teacher and one assistant teacher. Classes with less than 10 students may have only one certified lead teacher. All lead teachers are certified Montessori educators. The Montessori certification process is in addition to other early childhood and education credentials. Accepted accreditation can come from one of the following: Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), American Montessori Society (AMS) or North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA).
Montessori Academy Membership and Accreditation
Illinois State Board of Recognition (ISBE)
Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS)
American Montessori Society (AMS)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA)
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools (ICNS)
- Six Acres of Campus, Riverfront Wetland / Pond
- Three Education Buildings
- Chromebooks Supplied for classroom use for ages 9+
- Two Large Playgrounds
- Organic Gardening Beds and Composting for Students
- On campus backyard chickens and classroom pets in every environment
- In Class Libraries for Elementary
- Adjacent Library for Primary Classes
- Drama / Music Curtained Stage
Additional Enrichment Opportunities
String Orchestra Music Lessons: Violin, Cello, Viola, Bass: Ages 4 and Up
Spanish: Ages 5+
Chess Scholars: Ages 5+
Yoga: Ages 3+
Let's Build It Engineering: Ages 8-14
Book Club: Ages 8-12
Art Exploration Ages 6-12
- Students Participate in Portfolio and Performance-Based Assessments Beginning in 1st Grade (we do not utilize standardized testing).
- Our Integrated Montessori Curriculum Meets or Exceeds Illinois State Academic Requirements and Common Core State Standards
- PE Instruction is Provided for Students K-8th Grade Five Days per Week.
- Monthly Visiting Artist
- Monthly Visiting Musician
Social / Emotional / Developmental Facts
- Students Must be Potty-Trained to Begin our Primary Program
- Students Come for an On-Site Visit Prior to Enrollment
- Every Effort is Made at Montessori Academy to Protect our Students from Exposure to Anaphylactic Allergens
- Montessori Academy is a Nut-Free Campus for Both Students and Staff.
- We Follow the Policies and Procedures Outlined by the CDC Available at foodallergy.org.
Arrival and Dismissal Flexibility
We offer flexibility for parents requiring specific arrival and dismissal times through our extended day programs and flexible hours for Primary, Pre-K students.
Our school community encourages diversity and respect for different cultures.
Religion is not a part of any activities at Montessori Academy, inside or outside school hours. Traditions may be discussed as a part of cultural studies, but our curriculum covers a wide variety of world traditions and cultures.
Montessori Academy is committed to its growth as an institution which welcomes and values a
diversified school community. In the administration of its educational policies, financial assistance
policies or any other school policy, program or procedure Montessori Academy does not discriminate on
the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, family structure or any other classification protected
Tuition and Fees for the 2016-17 School Year
Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Elementary
5 School Days Per Week (8:15 am to 3:00 pm): $1177 per month
5 School Days Per Week Extended Day (School Day +$67 for Before / Aftercare or 7-10 Hour Days): $1244 per month
Pre-Kindergarten Programs Only
5 Half School Days Per Week (3 Hour Mornings or Afternoons): $665 per month
4 Half School Days Per Week (3 Hour Mornings or Afternoons): $595 per month
4 Full School Days Per Week (8:15 am to 3:00 pm): $1062 per month
Pre-Kindergarten Programs Only
3 Half School Days Per Week (3 Hour Mornings or Afternoons): $519 per month
3 Full School Days Per Week (8:15 am to 3:00 pm): $944 per month
Tuition for more time configurations available upon request.
The school offers a Financial Aid program for qualified families in need.
595 South River Street, Batavia, IL 60510
Located on the east bank of the Fox River on Rt. 25 in Batavia
Serving students from Batavia, Geneva, Aurora, North Aurora, St. Charles, Elburn, Wheaton, Yorkville; Kane and DuPage Counties.
595 S. River St., Batavia, IL 60510
School Main Line: