The Montessori Academy Middle School design provides opportunities for adolescents to be self-confident and gain self-knowledge, to belong to a community, to learn to be adaptable, to be academically competent and challenged to create a vision for their personal future.
This classroom environment is scheduled to open for the 2017-18 school year.
This unique curriculum includes:
· 2 year Program- Years A and B (rotate)
· Transdisciplinary themes
· Mastery of Subjects/Introductions to tests
· Long-term cooperative learning projects and community service projects
· A strong sense of community and social interaction with peers
· Meaningful and challenging work with personal work plans
· Activities to foster interdependence and self-expression