The goal of early childhood education should be
to activate the child's own natural desire to learn
A community based non-profit school, Montessori Academy Batavia has been serving the Illinois Fox Valley since 1971. For nearly 50 years, children have discovered the love of learning on our six-acre campus. We strive to develop independent individuals who enjoy exploring the world through education, consideration, and cooperation.
Our Mission is to prepare the whole child academically, physically, socially and emotionally utilizing a 21st century model of the authentic montessori method.
At Montessori Academy Batavia, we understand how your child learns.
Focused on the methods developed by Maria Montessori and a full affiliate of the American Montessori Society (AMS), Montessori Academy is an authentic Montessori school that provides the perfect preparation for our 21st century children. Creating a safe environment that perfectly suits a child’s natural tendencies for exploration and creativity, Montessori Academy helps to spark a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.
The Goal of Montessori Academy is to be a Community where a Child:
- Develops concentration, critical-thinking skills and self-confidence
- Learns how to treat others with kindness and be a part of a community
- Participates in green initiatives to learn how to be a good friend to the Earth
- Fosters curiosity with hands-on materials to nurture a love of learning that will last a lifetime
- Receives a strong academic foundation that will serve them well in their later academic pursuits
American MOntessori Society (AMS) CODE OF ETHICS
For more information about what is expected of AMS Montessori Schools, please visit the AMS Code of Ethics page.