The goal of early childhood education should be
to activate the child's own natural desire to learn
A community based non-profit school, Montessori Academy Batavia has been serving the Illinois Fox Valley area at our six acre campus since 1971. A rich tradition of education excellence has been in place for more than 45 years in the same location. We strive to develop independent individuals who enjoy exploring the world through education, consideration, and cooperation.
At Montessori Academy Batavia, we understand how your child learns.
Focused on the methods developed by Maria Montessori and a full affiliate of the American Montessori Society (AMS), Montessori Academy is an authentic Montessori school that provides the perfect preparation for our 21st century children. Creating a safe environment that perfectly suits a child’s natural tendencies for exploration and creativity, Montessori Academy Batavia helps to spark a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.
The Goal of Montessori Academy is to be a Community where a Child:
- Is accepted for their “uniqueness” and their individual needs are respected and met
- Learns to respect the rights of others and to appreciate what it means to be a part of a caring community, a home away from home
- Learns the special value of all living things
- Learns solid moral values that they will carry with them throughout their life
- Discovers a curiosity and love for learning in an environment where it is encouraged and nurtured
- Receives a solid academic foundation that will serve them well in their later academic pursuits and encourage lifetime learning
American MOntessori Society (AMS) CODE OF ETHICS
For more information about what is expected of AMS Montessori Schools, please visit the AMS Code of Ethics page.