maintaining green standards reduces our environmental impact, but more importantly, it teaches our students how to respect and honor the world they must protect.
As certified by the City of Batavia Environmental Commission, Montessori Academy has been recognized as showing a continued commitment to conservation and sustainability.
In 2014, Montessori Academy was able to install a small solar panel thanks to a generous grant. The process not only provided a great education opportunity for students at the time but continues to inspire and educate current students on ways to be good stewards of our planet. It also provides much of our school's electrical needs!
Some of the requirements set by the Green Business Certification Program include:
- Reducing solid waste disposal and promoting recycling.
- Efficiently using energy and water.
- Purchasing products that are less harmful to human health and the environment.
- Minimizing pollution contributions to the Fox Valley Watershed.
- Helping improve indoor air quality and reducing outdoor smog formation.
- Educating customers, employees and other businesses about green business practices.
Some additional activities specific to Montessori Academy include a composting program, a commitment to using recycled and earth friendly products, HVAC and office energy efficiency and many more.