Lunch and Snack Information: Parent Responsibilities
Daily Shared Snacks: All classrooms send home a snack basket each week with one family that contains a shopping list / nutritious snack list.
- Parents please provide the items that the teacher requests in the snack basket for the beginning of the following week.
Birthday Celebrations: The West and North Rooms complete a celebration of life for a student on their birthday, but this celebration does not involve food.
- Parents may contribute a wrapped book to share with the class as a gift from the family to the classroom vs. treats.
Lunch: Lunches are sent with children from home. Sugary treats such as pop, candy and cookies are not good options for lunch.
- Please send a healthy lunch every day for your child.
- We please ask for your cooperation in reducing waste at school by using reuseable containers.
After and Before Care: Snacks are sent from home by parents for after and before care. Students must have enough time to eat breakfast snacks to be finished by 8:00 AM.
- Parents please provide any necessary before or after care snacks in their child's lunch box.
Cultural Shared Snacks: Students may enjoy a shared snack as a part of our cultural studies or science curriculum. Care will be taken to ensure that allergy protocols are carefully observed.
- Parents please make sure you have any necessary allergy protocols on file.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER
EVERYTHING SENT TO SCHOOL MUST BE COMPLETELY NUT FREE.
NO NUTS FOR STUDENTS, STAFF or VISITORS